Ukrainian special forces have acted deep inside Russia writes UK intelligence firm Inkerman in a recent report.
- On the night (local time) of 29-30 November 2023, an explosion damaged a freight train passing through the Severomuysky Tunnel in the Itykit-Okushikan section of the East Siberian (Baikur-Amal) Railway in the Republic of Buryatia in eastern Siberia.
- This railway is particularly important as it is a major transport link between Russia and China, and has been used for transportation of military equipment, including reportedly from North Korea, an increasingly important Russian military provider.
- The train, consisting of 50 cars, was reportedly carrying 41 tanks of fuel. Although 14 tanks were removed, transportation through that area of the tunnel was impossible due to the damage.
- Later, according to Russian reports, a warehouse in the same area was blown up.
- According to multiple Ukrainian and Russian sources, the Ukrainian secret service, the SBU was responsible for the explosions. Although the SBU has not yet commented on these claims, if confirmed, this would represent a major and rare operation deep inside Russian territory: Severomuysk is almost 6,000 km from eastern Ukraine.